Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 1: Denver and Pikes Peak

We travelled to Denver today on a Frontier Airlines Airbus. Our plane was named Sarge, who is an Eagle painted on the tail.

We got to watch the Olympics on the plane. I love Frontier Airlines.


Here I am in the Denver Airport with my friend Flat Stanley.


Our first train ride was the tram from the terminal to the baggage claim. It was crowded and busy.


We rode the Pikes Peak Cog Railway to 14,115 feet. It is the highest and longest cog train in the world.


I liked the way the train looked and sounded. This me at the top of the mountain. Brrrr, it was cold.

The train travelled at up to a 25% grade.


I can't wait to travel on the Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railway. We saw the engines tonight and they are so cute. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Jim and Elaine Barnett said...

What a great day you had. When we were at the top of Pikes Peak it snowed. It was about this same time of year. The view was beautiful. Since today is your birthday. Happy, happy birthday to you. We love you!

William T. Cheek III said...

Cant' wait to see more pictures and read more about your adventures!

Mommy and Ella

Post a Comment